Our Family Moving Yours for Over 30 Years
1. Have a garage sale to allow you to get rid of unnecessary items.
2. Fill out a change-of-address kit from your post office or go to fill it out online.
3. Make a list of things you need to do before the move with the time frames you wish to have
them completed in.
4. Call to have each of your utilities shut off the day after loading.
5. Disconnect stereos, computers, and other equipment to allow for quicker moving and packing.
6. For items you will be taking with you, clearly mark "DO NOT PACK" on the items.
7. Drain the gas and oil from your lawn mowers and any other power equipment.
Are you really ready for your big move? If you have questions and concerns, Hinchey Moving & Storage is there to help. But for quick reference, your biggest resource starts right here. Read below for some helpful moving tips and answers to frequently asked questions.
"Thank you for making a stressful time much more pleasant for me. I certainly would highly recommend Hinchey for a job well done."
- Janet W.
Q: When is the best time for me to move?
A: All factors should be taken into consideration when deciding your best time to move. Know that the summer months (mid-May to mid-September) are very busy for moving companies. The beginning and end of each month throughout the year are also very busy. These times may require more flexibility and advanced scheduling.
Q: How do I choose a moving company?
A: Talk to your family members, friends, co-workers, and neighbors to see if they can recommend a specific mover. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if your moving company options have a record for good customer service.
Q: When should I contact a moving company for a quote?
A: The sooner the better! It's important to give the moving company as much notice as possible. We suggest 4 to 6 weeks prior to your actual moving date. You are more likely to secure your desired pick-up and delivery dates with this type of advanced notice.
Q: How does the FREE quote process work?
A: A relocation specialist will arrive at your home at a predetermined and approved time that you are comfortable with. There will be a visual survey of all of the items you wish to have moved. This is necessary for the estimate to be as accurate as possible. When the survey is complete, the specialist will calculate the weight and packing cost. You'll get a no-obligation quote right on the spot!